Who ever thought that being late could be a good thing? Well now we do, thanks to our bar manager Mark Mangold. We know how it goes when you’re searching for that relaxing, chill bar to unwind in after the long week of work or just to get past hump-day. Times like those are when you want a custom drink good enough that you forget you already sat down. With that first jolting sip, it’s like a pair of hands giving you a good friendly shake of the shoulders. Then you lusciously melt into a euphoria you don’t come out of without being delayed to wherever it was you thought you needed to be next. In other words…you stay for another…
Allow Mark’s twist on a Manhattan to remind you to slow down and be delayed. Just in a much tastier way and even in the comforts of your own home if you like. That’s why we’re letting you in on our newly created concoction. Just remember, the euphoria’s even better when you let us make it for you instead. At least that’s our take 🙂
La Casa Retrasado | Speciality Drink
- 1.5 ounces of bourbon | We recommend our latest locally distilled obsession, Laws Whiskey
- 1/2 ounce of dry Curacao Orange Liquor | An international favorite we love and use is Pierre Ferrand’s Dry Curacao
- 1 bar spoon of Allspice Dram | We like the St. Elizabeth brand, but you can also make your own if you really wanna get all drink’ster on us
- 1/2 ounce of Amaro |Ciao Caro is our go-to
- 2 dashes of Decanter Bitters | Our’s are house-made – another reason to let us do this for ya
- 1 bar spoon of Ginger Simple Syrup | Yeah…these are house-made by us too. Hey it’s our job!
- 2 dashes of Orange Bitters | You guessed it…house-made by us 😉
- Orange zest for garnish
What to Do:
- Combine all your liquids into your mixing glass.
- Chisel out that awesome cube of ice (to a size that it will fit in your glass though) or have 4-5 regular ice cubes ready in your glass. *This can be done first or later in the process – up to you.
- Get back to your concoction and stir your combined liquids with your bar spoon.
- Pour into your glass over your ice, preferably while holding high your other hand in drink-creation triumph! And don’t forget to add your garnish.
- Now sit back, be delayed, and come see us for another.